Date: 12/26/17 10:58 am
From: Mike <gardenbug99...>
Subject: [COBOL] Redmond CBC - Feeder Counters Wanted
The Redmond CBC is Wednesday, January 3.
We need people who live in the town of Redmond and surrounding area to conduct feeder counts on that day. Very simple, all you need to do is count the species and number of birds that come to your feeder on January 3 and then let me know. Count only a one time total count, not cumulative. Example, if you count 10 house finches one time, 5 one time and 11 one time. Your total would be the highest number, 11. Would like to know if you are doing it so can call or email and get the information from you for our count day records. Great opportunity to participate in citizen science!
Count participants will meet at The Country Nook at 7:00 am for breakfast and assignments. It is on northbound Hwy 97 in Redmond, across from the Black bear Diner.
The countdown will be at the Redmond Burger Company beginning around 4:00 pm.
Those of you who signed up for owling with Damian Fagan should hear in the not to distance future about plans and meeting place.
I will send more details and reminder as we get closer to count day.
Mike Golden