Date: 12/26/17 10:52 am
From: Dennis Thompson <cndthomps...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Des Moines CBC
The Des Moines CBC was held on Saturday, 12/23. We totaled 75 species,
which ties our 2nd-highest count. The best find was the first Snowy Owl for
the count. It was briefly seen east of Highway 141 in Johnston before
flying north out of sight. Other highlights include: 18 species of
waterfowl, Ring-necked Pheasant, Great Blue Heron, Red-shouldered Hawk,
Killdeer, Iceland (Thayer's) Gull, Northern Saw-whet Owl, Red-headed
Woodpecker, Golden-crowned Kinglet, Harris's Sparrow and Common Redpoll.
Thanks to all the participants who made the count such a success.

Denny Thompson

compiler