Date: 12/26/17 10:17 am
From: Anderson, Leif E -FS <leanderson...>
Subject: Alternate roosts for Short-ears
Greetings all,
I was out scouting for the Big Lake NWR count and found most of the traditional field/rice habitat to be partially under water. I was wondering where the Short-eared Owls had gone. Later, at twilight I was at a half mile long row of roadside pines. (Only trees within a mile.) I saw 4 Short-ears fly out of the pines. Nice to see them still in the area, despite the flooding.
Cheers, Leif at Hector