Date: 12/26/17 10:01 am
From: <pgoltz...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] Why are Gilded Flickers decreasing?
I am located on the east side of the Tucson Mountains and share a border
with Saguaro National Park West. I have no feeders. I have had at least
one Gilded Flicker most of the year. I have seen both a male and a
female. I have recorded three Gilded Flickers calling to each other in
one recording. Calls are close enough together and repeated in three
different locations so I know there were at least three out there. I got
a photo of one just a few days ago. I also see Northern Flickers, but
not nearly as often. Both tend to sit atop the saguaros. In other news,
I had a Harris's Hawk for months the latter part of the year. I never
saw him, but recorded his call a number of times. I saw up to three on a
nearby street just east of the mountains, several times.

Good Birding,
Pat Goltz
SEAZ