Date: 12/26/17 7:17 am
From: Oesterreich, Wolfgang [NLAE] <wolf...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Snowy Owls - Boone Co.
Teresa Testroet, my wife Lesia, and I drove west from Ames on US-30 with hopes of seeing a Snowy Owl. None were seen along the highway. However, as we drove north on V Ave we found the first SNOW perched on the roof of a farmstead (#1456) barn, on the east side of the road and about 1.5 miles south of US-30. We continued north and found the second one at 0.5-mile south of US-30. It was perched on a fencepost (east side of road), but it soon flew to the field on the west side of the road, landing about 100 feet from the road. This occurred between 0814 and 0835.

Wolf.

Wolfgang Oesterreich

Ames