Date: 12/25/17 1:47 pm
From: Eric Storms <ericbs1975...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Water dog lake
I’ve spent the last week or so birding at water dog lake in Belmont, mostly on the side with the lake. Lots of hermit thrush, oak titmouse, and Anna’s hummingbirds so if any of these are on your list, that’s the place to go! Today my efforts were rewarded. We saw a concentration of at least 8 CALIFORNIA THRASHER. They were all in the scrub as you enter from the Hallmark Rd side. They were taking turns perching up on the bushes singing while others were scratching through the litter down below.

Hopefully this week I’ll spend some time on the other side of the park to see what other treasures are hidden over there!

Happy holidays
Eric Storms
San Carlos
https://flic.kr/p/21wPfJr