Date: 12/25/17 1:18 pm
From: Diann Stone <dstoneak2id...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: [IBLE] 2 Cooper's Hawks and an Owl
It was a 3 raptor treat on Christmas Eve afternoon on the Boise Depot
Bench. My neighbor and I were in the driveway discussing snow removal and a
lower number of squirrels lately. Soon we noticed wingbeats and saw a
Cooper's Hawk overhead. A second one moved from one cedar tree to another
starting a series of loud screams. The first hawk had flown away. The sound
and actions of the one in the trees prompted me to think it was trying to
scold an owl. Sure enough, my neighbor and I walked down his driveway and
spotted a light colored Great Horned Owl perched in a pine. Mark has found
several pellets on top of his garage roof, a squirrel leg bone on the
driveway, and now the owl. We're wondering if it is the same owl with one
good eye that hunted squirrels in their yard last winter. I'll be on owl
watch.

Diann Stone Depot Bench, Boise

Join us on Facebook!