Date: 12/25/17 1:06 pm
From: <eric...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] San Pasqual Valley 12-25-17
I spent the morning in the San Pasqual Valley. I had hoped to see Zone-tailed Hawk, but I was not successful.

At Konyn Dairy on Old Milky Way.

8 White-fronted Geese
106 TVs roosting. I scoped the entire collection.

At Verger Dairy there is a decent sized field of sunflowers, some still bloomimg and many with intact seed heads. I didn't find anything special in this plot, but it seems to me that any respectable seed eaters in the vicinity would likely visit.

Ther was a single Cattle Egret at Verger Dairy.

At Kit Carson Park there are 10 continuing Hooded Mergansers in the tiny pond near the parking area.

Details of the Konyn Dairy birds and pics of the geese in my ebird report.

Eric Kallen
San Diego

Join us on Facebook!