Date: 12/24/17 8:05 pm
From: 'Tom Edell' <TEdell...> [slocobirding] <slocobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [slocobirding] RE: BALTIMORE Oriole in Pismo Beach
Hi Lew,

Thanks for contacting Morro Coast Audubon about this bird. Baltimore Oriole is primarily a very rare spring and fall transient in SLO County and there is also at least one previous winter record. Do you recall the color of belly and/or back?

I’d like to come by and see the bird if possible. If not, please let me know where you live in Pismo Beach so I can enter this bird in the records I keep for the county.

Also, did you happen to photograph the bird. If so, I’d appreciate a copy of the image.

Regards…Tom

Tom Edell

Cayucos, CA

From: Lew Morris <lewmoco...> <mailto:<lewmoco...> >
Date: Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 10:24 AM
Subject: BALTIMORE Oriole in Pismo Beach
To: "<mcas...> <mailto:<mcas...> " <mcas...> <mailto:<mcas...> >

I have just observed a BALTIMORE Oriole in my backyard in Pismo Beach. Upon first observation I thought it was a Streak-backed Oriole, but the black head and chest however indicate it IS a Baltimore Oriole. Have they been seen here before? 12-23-2017.

Lew Morris

80 LaGarza

Pismo Beach