Date: 12/24/17 7:43 pm
From: Roger Uzun <rogeruzun...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Some Sanderling, Reddish Egret, Skimmer requests
Has anyone seen any small or large groups of sanderlings running in and out
of the surfline lately at any of the beaches? I'd like to shoot some video
of that behavior if I can.

Also does anyone see any Black Skimmers actively skimming during the day
anywhere? The ones I know about seem to all feed only at night and just
before and around dawn they are finishing up. Years ago they would feed at
J St fairly regularly and it was close to the parking lot and in the
daytime.

Lastly, does anyone know of the best spot right now to find a Reddish Egret
hunting VERY CLOSE to a vantage point. Not like the ones at the Tijuana
River area and Seacoast drive that are really far from where you can get.
Like the one at J St in Chula Vista is sometimes. I would like to try and
get video of a Reddish Egret feeding fairly close, like within 50 yards or
so of the vantage point.

-Roger Uzun
Poway, CA
<rogeruzun...>