Date: 12/24/17 6:28 pm
From: <chrustay...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] NM: some La Luz CBC highlights and Oliver Lee SP
Sean Barham lead our group in and around the town of Tularosa for the La Luz CBC held yesterday.  We found a number of interesting species including a Wood Duck, Steller's Jay, Blue Jay, several Mountain Chickadees, Eastern Bluebirds, Cassin's Finches, Red Crossbills and loads of Red-breasted Nuthatches.  A big bonus was an immature Zone-tailed Hawk flying low and directly over our heads and later soaring in typical Turkey Vulture fashion!  Barham, Nancy Hetrick and I finished the day, ticking a Yellow-throated Warbler in Alameda Park in Alamogordo just minutes before the compilation dinner was to begin.  The latter bird was not our discovery but was simply refinding the bird found by Dave Hawksworth back in early November.

This morning Nancy Hetrick and I continued chasing birds discovered by others.  This morning, after finding a Winter Wren at Oliver Lee SP, we refound the Louisiana Waterthrush, photographed two days ago by Donna Simonetti.

Good Birding
Christopher Rustay
Albuquerque, NM