Date: 12/24/17 6:01 pm
From: Rowe, Richard A, 'Dick' via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Birding on Kiawah Island SC - Red Knot photos
All - I am on what has become our annual family vacation to Kiawah Island, SC. Kiawah is a golf destination - I think the PGA Championship will be held here is a year or two. There are five 18 hole courses on the island - a sport lost on me. But, the island is a fantastic birding place. We've had two days of dense fog and rain, so birding has been difficult. So far my daughter, Lucy (my partner in crime) and I have birded for 4 days and have 90 species. I've upload a few photos that were taken on Friday - the only sunny day so far - from our birding along the beach. I uploaded photos of a Royal Tern, Red Knot, and Brown Pelican. I'm sure more will follow over the next week or so.

Here's the link to my photos on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmibiology/

Have a Merry and Birdy Christmas

Dick