Date: 12/24/17 1:42 pm
From: Don Gorney <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Hancock Co Snowy Owl NOT being seen
Despite numerous people looking for the Hancock County Snowy Owl near Indy Regional Airport, it apparently has NOT been seen since mid-day on Dec 23. Snowy #2 has not been seen for several days. I did a fairly thorough search of the 400W field, airport, and industrial area on Sunday morning and did not find the owl. I returned on Sunday afternoon and searched the 400W field and the airport without success. Importantly, the bird was not seen yesterday evening at sunset, a time when the bird usually became active and flew to a utility pole.
If I hear of the bird being seen again I will post to IN-BIRD and Facebook's Birding in Indiana.
 Don Gorney
Indianapolis, IN
317.501.4212
dongorney AT yahoo.com