Date: 12/24/17 10:58 am
From: Rankin, Gary <rankin...>
Subject: New Yard Bird
I started keeping a yard/neighborhood list when we moved into our current home in 1995. We have seen and heard a lot of birds from the yard over the years, and it is rare to add a new one. Today, after returning from birding with Mike Griffith and David Patick, my wife and I decided to take our dogs for a walk. I noticed a large goose flying overhead as we got back to our yard. As I watched it flying, I could see the black wing tips and realized - SNOW GOOSE! I guess you could say that my latest "yard" bird was a Christmas Eve goose.

Merry Christmas to all!
Gary Rankin
Lavalette , WV
Wayne Co.