Date: 12/24/17 10:47 am
From: Charles Swift <chaetura...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: [IBLE] Fwd: [inland-NW-birders] FW: LC CBC
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bryan <jami9197...>
Date: Sun, Dec 24, 2017, 9:44 AM
Subject: [inland-NW-birders] FW: LC CBC
To: <inland-nw-birders...> <inland-nw-birders...>

10

*From: *Bryan <jami9197...>
*Sent: *Sunday, December 24, 2017 8:30 AM
*To: *jami9197 <jami9197...>
*Cc: *Barrett, Justin <justin_barrett...>
*Subject: *LC CBC

The 2017 LC Valley CBC was conducted on Sunday, December 17th. Twenty-five
birders (10 teams and 6 feeder watchers) documented 93 bird species in the
count circle. Participants cumulatively spent 56.5 hours, drove 217 miles
and hiked 22.2 miles in pursuit of birds. Although the general impression
of count participants was that overall numbers of birds were lower than in
most years, we had some interesting finds. Highlights include Lesser
Black-backed Gulls, an American Dipper, a Snow Bunting, Gray-crowned Rosy
Finches, and Common Redpolls. The Palm Warbler discovered at Mann Lake in
November was also found on count day. The snow storm preceding the count
apparently pushed many Horned Larks in to the area, with 920 birds being
counted. Count week birds were sparse this year with only Common Loon and
Thayer’s Gull being reported (let me know if I’m missing anything).

Thanks to all those who participated in the count and Happy Holidays!

Bryan Jamison

*Region: Idaho*

Count date: 12/17/2017

*Circle: Lewiston-Clarkston*