Date: 12/24/17 10:00 am
From: Holly Platz <Holly.Platz...>
Subject: [texbirds] South Llano River State Park Birding Festival
Good morning TexBirders,
I know many of us are busy with CBCs, winter birding, and Christmas plans, but I wanted to let folks know about a special event we are having at South Llano River State Park in Junction this coming spring.

The Friends of South Llano River State Park are sponsoring the park's 1st Annual Birding Festival, to be held April 27th-29th, 2018. We are really excited to feature the terrific birding at our park, and its beautiful bird blinds, during the busiest migration weekend of the year. The Festival will feature guided bird walks, including Golden-cheeked Warbler walks and Birding the Riparian, and will also offer guided photography sessions in our bird blinds. On Saturday afternoon, in addition to these programs, we'll have a raptor presentation by Last Chance Forever, a Bird Call presentation by a young birder, a Beginners' Bird Walk, and vendor and information tables. We'll finish up Sunday morning with more birding walks, as well as a Big Sit! as part of the Great Texas Birding Classic.

Registration is only $65, with a maximum of 80 participants. Registration opens January 5th. Please check out the Festival's Facebook page for more details, and "like" and share:
www.facebook.com/slrspbirdingfestival<http://www.facebook.com/slrspbirdingfestival>

I hope many of you can make it to the Festival!

Good birding and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Holly Platz

Holly Platz
Interpretive Ranger and Volunteer Coordinator
South Llano River State Park
1927 Park Road 73
Junction, TX 76849
(325) 446-3994
<holly.platz...><mailto:<holly.platz...>

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!