Date: 12/24/17 9:59 am
From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
Subject: [texbirds] Neotropic Cormorants in Lubbock
Greetings All:
Two Neotropic Cormorants were found and photographed by Phillip Kite at
Stone Lake in Lubbock on 16 December 2017.

On 21December 2017, the flock of 29 cormorants that flew over my house -
from Maxey Park (probably) towards Leroy Elmore Park - featured 2 Neotropic
Cormorants and 27 Double-crested Cormorants.

As this is the species' third attempt to winter in our region, it would be
interesting to know if the two NECOs will ride out our ongoing cold snap so
I encourage local birders to keep an eye out and report any sightings.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!