Date: 12/23/17 9:06 pm
From: Carl Lundblad <carl.lundblad...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: [IBLE] Mann Lake Palm Warbler Abides
Despite several inches of fresh snow, I had a prolonged and very satisfying
encounter with the continuing Mann Lake PALM WARBLER late this morning. It
was way up beyond the model airplane area (circling the lake
counter-clockwise), almost to the upper end. In this area are 2 large
stands of cottonwoods, and between the stands is a bit of an opening in the
willows and other dense vegetation. The bird was up in there, near and in
a stand of what I think are white poplar/silver maple. I saw no
yellow-rumps, but the palm was near but not directly foraging with a small
flock of Golden-crowned Kinglets and a Bewick's Wren. I did not detect any
of the other rarities present earlier this month, but a nice AMERICAN TREE
SPARROW made an appearance. The lake was up to 80% open, but there weren't
a ton of water birds present.

See rare photos of a Palm Warbler in the snow, in my eBird checklist:

Good Birding,

Carl Lundblad
Moscow, ID

Join us on Facebook!