Date: 12/23/17 5:58 pm
From: Dave King <daking55dk...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Rocky My Arsenal and First Creek
Hello

The Red breasted Sapsucker was too far away for me to drive in the traffic so I went to Rocky Mt Arsenal. The Tundra Swan was on the far shore of Lower Derby Lake. Afterwards I searched for the First Creek Trail Harris's Sparrow. No sparrows were seen at either the Denver or Adam County sites. A Northern Shrike was at the trailheads. Two adult Bald Eagles flew up First Creek. Great Horned Owls were found along the creek in both counties. A Wilson's Snipe kept me busy for an hour. It flew up from the creek north of the first grove of trees east of the Denver County trailhead. It did not sound right and took the hour to see and confirm a Wilson's. Finally a flock of sparrows were seen along the fence at the west side of the horse corrals. Sixteen White crowned, ten American Tree and two Song Sparrow kept flying down into the grassy field to the west. That might be a good place to find a Harris's Sparrow.

Dave King
Denver

Posted by: Dave King <daking55dk...>

<*> Your email settings: