Date: 12/23/17 4:57 pm
From: Liga Auzins <llauzins...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Huntington Central new and old
Birders,

HCP was birded independently by several birders. New birds included a Nashville Warbler that Karley and Larry Moore and I observed in the NE corner of the park. Karley spotted it high in eucs lining the fence along the north side of the park (directly north from the Gothard St bathroom). I was able to follow it east along the maintenance yard driveway to Gothard St, and later refund it back in the original eucs.

As I was leaving the park I found a Red-breasted Sapsucker in the tree row lining the fence line along the oil lease property directly north of the “island”.

Continuing birds included the Palm Warbler first reported midweek by Joyce Brady. John and Lindsey Fitch spotted it on the lawn with Yellow-rumps near the picnic tables south of the island. Later, Paul and Brendan Galvin and I had reasonable looks in the same area. Earlier, Paul, Brendan, and I heard the Northern Waterthrush chinking from the flooded willow tract west of the island slough as well as from east and middle areas of the island slough. The female Black-and-White Warbler was also cooperative and was viewed by all of us at various locations and times along the island slough.

Good Birding,

Tom Wurster
Garden Grove

Join us on Facebook!