Date: 12/23/17 4:59 pm
From: Richard Hollis <xiboia...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] eastern screech owl
I would suppose that would apply to any bird.
That said, I remember one time that I jumped a small creek. I was looking down so as to try to keep my feet out of the water. When I landed on the other side and took a step or two until my momentum stopped. only then did I lift my head up and found myself about 2 foot from a Screech Owl.

> On Dec 23, 2017, at 6:14 PM, Reid I. Allen <2birders...> wrote:
>
> Wouldn't you suppose all that has been written here recently about not closely approaching Snowy Owls would also apply to Eastern Screech Owls?

Rick Hollis
3524 Cumberland Ridge Rd NE
52317

665-3141