Date: 12/23/17 12:25 pm
From: Siobhan Ruck <siobhan.ruck...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Possible Ferruginous Hawk at Lake Merced
Stefanie Arthur and I are doing some scouting for the count, and just had a very interesting raptor near Sunset Circle. We were walking back from the floating dock and the local Red Shoulders flushed another bird from the area (they had been very active and vocal during our stop.

The bird had a very pale head, large pale / white base to tail and no obvious patagials. There was some outline along underwing coverts. We only had a brief look but it did not appear to be a redtail; Ferruginous was the best fit. The red shoulders chased it in the direction of Harding Park and we haven’t been able to relocate it.

Sent from my iPhone

http://www.yahoogroups.com/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional