Date: 12/22/17 5:04 pm
From: William Pelletier <wrpelletier...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [SBB] Barrow's goldeneye at Shoreline Lake
I found it interesting that the male Hooded Merganser was following a female Common Goldeneye ... and it was putting its head back in a mating display like a COGO too!
Does anyone know if this typical behavior for HOME?
Happy birding,Bill
On Friday, December 22, 2017, 3:27:46 PM PST, Garrett Lau <Garrett.Lau...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...> wrote:

I saw the American Bittern as soon as I arrived at the Terminal Blvd bridge at 2:15 pm. It was almost motionless, so Bill Pelletier also saw it after I told him about it while I was walking to the lake. He saw it go into hiding.
Both of us saw the Barrow’s Goldeneye among the Common Goldeneyes in the SW corner of Shoreline Lake. It eventually flew off to the North. The male Hooded Merganser was also among the Goldeneyes.
Garrett Lau

Join us on Facebook!