Date: 12/22/17 4:43 pm
From: Michael Musumeche <mjmusumeche...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] White-tailed Hawks
LaBirders,

This morning Kristine Dewey and I birded several areas around Mt. Trashmore,
a.k.a. Jeff Davis Landfill. This area is located a few miles northwest of
Welch, LA just north of I-10. We were searching for the Harris's Hawk which
we did not relocate. As we were departing the area on Oilfield Rd. we saw
two hawks milling about then land in a field on the east side of the road.
They were sitting on the ground next to each other. The adult flew off and
the juvenile flew to a small tree. After a while the juvenile flew off the
tree and joined the adult. Within a few minutes, we lost sight of both
birds. The Flickr link below shows both individual White-tailed Hawks.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117923878@N03/albums/72157661860866317

Mike

Mike Musumeche
New Iberia, LA 70560