Date: 12/22/17 3:16 pm
From: <jeannehedges...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Snowy Owl Scott Cty
Just got back from watching a snowy on old Hwy 6 (now 200th). He was first
seen by a friend near the intersection with 110th but after she came and
got me we found him further west about a mile and he crossed to the north
of 200th. I was so scared we were going to watch him get hit on the road
with the rush hour traffic. He likes the phone poles, but was swooping low
right along the road looking for evening snacks. We think it was a young
male. He had very pale gray/black scallops, a little darker on the back.

Jeanne
Buffalo, IA