Date: 12/22/17 2:29 pm
From: David Zittin <dzittin...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Barrow's goldeneye at Shoreline Lake
Hi Birders,
I went to Terminal Blvd to see if I could get a photo of the bittern. I
found it, but it's a shy bird and stayed deep in the reeds so the photos
are terrible, but should give positive ID. As before it is at the far end
of the channel as seen standing on the Terminal Blvd bridge looking north.

It was well camouflaged in the reeds with its head down in attack mode. I
saw it strike and come up with a fish. Apparently it saw me and walked off
to the right and out of sight.

In Shoreline Lake I saw a Barrow's goldeneye with appeared to be two
female BAGO. If someone familiar with the female would please give me an
opinion from the photos on ebird it will be appreciated.

Details and photos: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41255642

-Dave Zittin
<dzittin...>

Join us on Facebook!