Date: 12/22/17 1:24 pm
From: Steven Wilson <scwilso35...>
Subject: Greater White-fronted Geese and Ross's Goose, Preston and Mineral Counties
On my way to Romney (Hampshire County) from Summersville (Nicholas County) I decided to stop at a few locations that have had reports of rare - uncommon goose species over the last week or so. As previously reported by Terry Bronson, the Greater White-fronted Goose is still present at Reedsville Farm in Preston County. I believe this goose was found over a month ago by David Daniels.

I then went to Cheat Lake Park in Monongalia County to try to find the Cackling Goose that had been previously reported by Mollee Brown, Kyle Carlson, and Terry Bronson, but no luck. I also did not see the Dunlin or American Pipits.

Lastly, I stopped in Ridgeley (Mineral County) to try to find the Ross's Goose previously found during the Allegany CBC and reported to eBird by J.B. Churchill, Janice Beall, Eric Hansen, and Mark Eanes. Bird has apparently been seen on both sides of the Potomac River in WV and MD. The Ross's Goose was still present (on the WV side) along with two Greater White-fronted Geese and a couple hundred Canada Geese.

A successful day!

Steven Wilson
Summersville, WV

Join us on Facebook!