Date: 12/22/17 12:30 pm
From: Susan Schaezler <susan...>
Subject: [texbirds] 4 Zonotrichia daily @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary, Cibolo/Schertz
4 Zonotrichia daily @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary, Cibolo/Schertz
I asked many this question and only Joe ventured an answer—Mel Cooksey visited yesterday to get this bird and wrote today the answer to my question—posted with his permission

“Susan,
I puzzled over your question re: finding 4 Zonotrichias in one spot: I did some study on this
for awhile this morning, and it appears the only place one might reasonably expect to find
all four might be Banff National Park, in western Alberta, probably in May. Harris’s would be
a fairly common migrant, the others would be breeders, all arriving early, with Golden-crowned
being limited in numbers as it would be at the eastern edge of its range.

Mel “

Our Golden-Crowned Sparrow continues since Joel C. Williams found it a week ago Monday—more jumpy the last two days with hawk activity. To visit, get your request in asap—it is a locked gate that you need to arrange to visit

to visit: http://www.warblerwoods.org/visitor-instructions.html

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org, http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L213585?yr=cur
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!