Date: 12/22/17 12:18 pm
Subject: Red-Winged Blackbirds and White-Throated Sparrows
What a thrill to hear the White-Throated Sparrows' song finally in my garden today - much relief and joy! They usually show themselves and treat with their darling song in October, but have been absent until today! I heard one but did not see it, but at least I know they are here at last!

However, I was truly amazed today to discover several male Red-Winged Blackbirds going to town on the gum balls still in the trees for the seeds inside them! I have never seen these birds in my garden before, and I have lived here for 35 years.... how marvelous!

Happy holidays indeed, folks!

Wendy Kaplan
Charlotte, NC

"When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers." -- Old African Saying

Join us on Facebook!