Date: 12/21/17 7:19 pm
From: CK Franklin <meshoppen...>
Subject: Frazier Pike Pulaski County
I thought I had two cranes today in the way back meadow down at the foot
of Frazier Pike.  Some niggling doubt made me spend a fair amount of
squint time at 60x staring at a bird that wouldn't give me a profile.
Alas, when it finally turned, it was a Great Blue Heron.  It would seem
the second bird was also a Great Blue Heron based on my completely
inadequate photos of both birds together.

In other news, the fields where we usually see the cranes have been
disked in the last week.  There's little standing vegetation in the
field.  I don't know if the cranes will hang out there this year.  I had
some daylight time so I went on down Asher Rd that runs along the
Wrightsville Unit's farm field.  I didn't go all the way to the prison
complex.  Lots of pasture and fields out there.  No cranes though.

I had 36 species on Frazier today including two Rusty Blackbirds, 17
Wood Ducks, lots of robins, lots of sparrows including Songs,
White-crowneds, & Eastern Towhees.

Cindy

Little Roc

Join us on Facebook!