Date: 12/21/17 4:56 pm
From: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET interesting sightings, cook co.
1.  I saw a group of birds murmurating and thought that they would be starlings, but lo and behold, a new experience for me, they were mourning doves!  They did some cool circular rotating spin off and then the group fragmented.  Probably the same ones seen at Techny N as I was in that area and saw them incidentally.

2.  Blue-winged teal males apparently can have atleast two different eye colors, a reddish brown and a darker eye of unknown color.  I searched online but found no reference to eye color.  Maybe this is a known thing that birds, like humans, can have differently colored irises?
3.  Had a nice immature red-tailed hawk hunting at lake glenview this evening, kept missing, but looked fat enough.  Likely a baby from the local pair, which is exciting to see.  Not yet shy.
Suzanne ColemanCook co12/21/17

Join us on Facebook!