Date: 12/21/17 11:12 am
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Spring Valley Nature Center In Schaumburg Thursday 12-21-17
Hello Bird People,

This is one of those "of local interest only" reports as nothing
unexpected was seen by me today.
As usual I followed a long distance birding day with a close to home
birding day. Spring Valley has feeders & in the past has had Common
Redpolls & a White Winged Crossbill but I found nothing so dramatic
today. Most of the bird activity was at the 2 feeder areas which are
by the main nature center building & the log cabin. Here's my list:

Spring Valley Nature Center/Schaumburg (8:30-10:45 a.m.)

Canada Geese (about 24 flying by)
Mourning Dove (9 of which 7 were under the log cabin feeders)
Red Bellied Woodpecker (3-4)
Downy Woodpecker (7)
Hairy Woodpecker (2-M)
Blue Jay (2)
Chickadee (9)
W.B. Nuthatch (7)
Cardinal (2-F)
Tree Sparrow (11)
SONG SPARROW (2 together with Tree Sparrows & Juncos)
Dark Eyed Junco (21)
PINE SISKIN (7 at the nature center feeders & 1 at the log cabin feeders)
Goldfinch (9-10 all at thistle feeders)
House Sparrow (30-35, way too many!)

Not a very impressive group but Bird-Of-The-Day goes to the Siskins &
Runners-Up to the Hairy Woodpeckers & the Song Sparrows.

Forgot to mention it before but License Plate Of The Day for Sunday
12-17-17 goes to
one from North Dakota which drove by on Touhy Ave right by Axehead Lake.

Al Stokie
Close to home in Cook County today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings: