Date: 12/20/17 1:58 pm
From: 'Rhonda (Monroe) Rothrock' <woodthrusheola8...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Re: (No recent sightings) Illinois bird records
Following up on Steve Bailey's post, W. Douglas Robinson's Southern Illinois An Annotated List should be in any southernmost IL birder's library. And a little birdy told me that Dr. Robinson was in the process of publishing an updated version. (Yippee.)
Also, regarding rare bird sightings in IL, I am old school and believe rare birds should still be documented thoroughly via the IORC's Rare Bird Doc. form, (available at http://www.illinoisbirds.org/illinois-ornithological-records-committee/ ).
It's not my intention to get into a heated discussion regarding eBird but, in my lowly opinion and as someone isn't into photographing birds, eBird falls short in it's documentation requirements for rare bird posts.

Rhonda Rothrock
Pomona, Jackson County, IL

Consider forming a team to compete in  the

16th Annual Birding Blitz of Southernmost IL, April 29, 2017!

16 years of outstanding birding comradery in southernmost IL!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/317666471615613/

Join us on Facebook!