Date: 12/20/17 1:35 pm
From: Shively, Steve -FS <steveshively...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] American Woodcock foraging behavior
I've flushed many a woodcock and once saw one doing his bobbing walk, but he wasn't foraging. Like everyone else, I was blown away by Dr. Remsen's video. Imagine my delight when today I came upon a woodcock while I was walking a creek and the bird, after walking away from me a short distance, began bobbing and foraging just like in the video. Just one more good reason to go out in the woods.

Steve Shively