Date: 12/19/17 4:30 pm
From: Rhetta Jack <lotorwin4me...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Our part Springfield CBC, westside of town
Hi all, We watched our feeders and waterer set up first, then heavier rain
came so we went and checked westside ponds. Then went to a park next to
bike trail. Also counted birds on commute and some at end of dead end road
next to an open, brushy part area. We logged 44 species despite having to
cut off early and good birds were wintering Red-breasted Nuthatch and
Yellow rumped Warbler from our yard. Also, had Kingfisher. Saw a Kestrel
and Rough-legged Hawk-not that easy in town. A Common Grackle flew over
truck and a beautiful Bald Eagle soared over field with 2 Ring Billed
Gulls. Misses include Cooper's Hawk, Red Shouldered Hawk (heard one this
am). Looked for Killdeer without luck even though I saw some less than 2
weeks ago in the area.
Rhetta Jack, Springfield, IL

Virus-free.
www.avg.com