Date: 12/19/17 4:19 pm
From: Andrew Burnett <aburnett9180...>
Subject: Snowy Owl - Neosho Co
A farmer reported a Snowy Owl this morning to Kristi Hughes. She followed
up and got some dandy photos (see Kansas Birding Facebook). I followed up
this evening and was able to relocate. The bird was seen near Chanute. It
was a pretty dark individual so I assume it was a young individual. It
looked very healthy. A KDWPT employee showed up to possibly take it to a
rehab but thought it looked good enough to leave be. I believe this is a
species not currently on the county list.

Andrew Burnett
Rural Erie, KS

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to