Date: 12/19/17 9:43 am
From: Becky Reyes <breyes...>
Subject: [texbirds] Edinburg World Birding Center
Hi everyone,
It was a foggy morning at the beginning of our bird walk especially at our
north pond but we still had a good view of an Osprey, Green Kingfisher, and
egrets. All three kingfishers were spotted at the end of the bird walk
where there is a male Ringed kingfisher that likes to perch close to the
overlook. Migrating ducks can be seen at South Pond and since the water is
lower than usual, there are shorebirds. You never know what you might find
within our gardens. Below is today's bird list.
Happy Birding !

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands and World Birding Center, Hidalgo, Texas, US
Dec 19, 2017 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments: Foggy day
44 species

Blue-winged Teal 6
Northern Shoveler 16
Green-winged Teal 2
Ruddy Duck 5
Plain Chachalaca 4
Neotropic Cormorant 2
Double-crested Cormorant 22
Great Blue Heron 2
Great Egret 1
Snowy Egret 3
Cattle Egret 5
Black-crowned Night-Heron 1
Osprey 1
American Coot 3
Black-necked Stilt 4
Least Sandpiper 7
Long-billed Dowitcher 2
Spotted Sandpiper 1
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 6
Inca Dove 1
Mourning Dove 2
Buff-bellied Hummingbird 2
Ringed Kingfisher 1
Belted Kingfisher 1
Green Kingfisher 1
Golden-fronted Woodpecker 1
Great Kiskadee 1
Tropical Kingbird 3
White-eyed Vireo 3
Green Jay 1
House Wren 8
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 4
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 7
Curve-billed Thrasher 1
Long-billed Thrasher 2
Northern Mockingbird 4
Black-and-white Warbler 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 6
Yellow-rumped Warbler 2
Olive Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 2
Northern Cardinal 3
Red-winged Blackbird 76
Great-tailed Grackle 9

*Becky Reyes*

Naturalist Educator

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands & World Birding Center

[image: Image result for city of edinburg]

PO Box 1079

714 Raul Longoria Rd

Edinburg, Texas 78540

956.381.9922 <(956)%20381-9922> O 956.381-0175 <(956)%20381-0175> F

*<breyes...> <alyles...>*

www.cityofedinburg.com

www.EdinburgWBC.org <http://www.edinburgwbc.org/>

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds