Date: 12/18/17 3:10 pm
From: Wicks, Teresa Olive <Teresa.Wicks...>
Subject: [COBOL] Sisters CBC numbers
Hello COBOLers!

The 19th annual Sisters CBC was yesterday, December 17, 2017. There was no snow this year, so accessibility was definitely not an issue. The low was in the low 20s and the high was about 45 (according to my phone). We had 14 participants do their best to hit up all of the corners of our circle that we often can't get to.

We found 72 species, which is just under average for our circle. There notably fewer Dark-eyed Juncos this year (our lowest ever). We had our largest number of Clark's Nutcrackers and White-headed Woodpeckers to date, and our second highest number of Pygmy Nuthatches.

We had a Lewis's Woodpecker, a Marsh Wren, and a Northern Pintail (unusual species for our circle). We also had two firsts for the Sisters CBC, an Anna's Hummingbird (at a feeder) and a Pine Grosbeak.

Count Week for the Sisters CBC runs from Dec 14-Dec 20. If you have lists, species you'd like to share, please send them my way.

Happy Birding,

Teresa 'Bird' Wicks
PhD Candidate
Environmental Science