Date: 12/18/17 2:28 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [COBOL] Prineville Redpolls and more
Jeff Nordstrom and I decided to make one last run for Gray-crowned
Rosy-finches on Grizzly Butte today.  Alas, we failed in that attempt.
On the way down the mountain, I got a call from Bob Authier and he told
me he had Common Redpolls in his yard. Bob showed me pictures of these
birds earlier so I trusted him and we rushed to Prineville.  The birds
were gone when we got there. While searching the neighborhood and nearby
cemetery, we found a Varied Thrush and 5 Purple Finches (cemetery pics
at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41178118). Bob called back and
said the birds were back.  We rushed over and found 3 Common Redpolls
(pics at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41179246). We also found
a Merlin in Prineville and another at the Prineville Sewer Ponds.

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957