Date: 12/18/17 11:11 am
From: Jared Gorrell <jsgorrell...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET (No Sightings) Provenance of McLean Co Barnacle Goose
Hi all!

To summarize the Ebird records (and one other record) of Barnacle Goose in
all of IL for those who don't have Ebird. The number of observers is only
as reported on Ebird.

1969- January 26- Morton Arbotoreum, East Side, DuPage Co. One observer.

1983- January 1- January 16, Howard Farm, Winnebago Co. Multiple observers.

2006- November 3 to November 7- I-39 & IL-71 Borrow Pit, La Salle Co.
Multiple observers.

2006- December 13 (shot)- Union County Club, Union Co. Specimen*.

2009- December 12- Turtle Pond, Lake Renwick Preserve, Will Co. One
observer.

2012- Novemer 27 to November 28- Several small retention ponds, based on
time and proximity likely same bird. Will/Kendall Co. Multiple observers.

2012- December 8- North Lorang Road Quarry Ponds, Kane Co. Multiple
observers. Potentially same as prior bird.

2013- January 29 to February 12- Lake Bloomington, McLean Co. Multiple
observers.

2015- October 10- Aledo Sewage Treatment Plant, Mercer Co. One observer.

2017- December 16 to time of writing, Towanda Borrow Pit, McLean Co.
Multiple observers.

* http://thesouthern.com/sports/outdoors/we-knew-it-was-rare/
article_7f415fe2-5c14-11e0-8690-001cc4c002e0.html

Join us on Facebook!