Date: 12/18/17 9:44 am
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [COBOL] West Hills Barred Owl
I was surprised this morning by a Barred Owl taking a bath in the water
feature in my back yard. It then flew up a short distance to a branch
overhanging the stream, but when I opened the door to get a picture my
border collie, Athena, charged out and scared it off. It didn't fly far.
When I went to leave for work chickadees and nuthatches were starting to mob
it in a juniper in my side yard. Unfortunately I had to rush off to work
for an 8:15 hearing this morning or I would have pinned it down better. If
you'd like to look for it, it was at the SE corner of NW Iowa and West Hills
Avenues in Bend. I'll post photos (not that anyone doesn't know what a
Barred Owl looks like) tonight.

Tom Crabtree, Bend