Date: 12/7/17 12:42 am
From: Richard <birdertoo...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Salisbury Equestrian Park (Douglas) and Aurora Reservoir (Arapahoe) on Wednesday
Hello cobirders;

Rebecca and I had to go Colorado Springs Wednesday. We took the scenic highway 83 on the drive home. Temperatures only reached 38 degrees today. Winds were 7-8 mph with gusts to 15 mph.

A thirty minute stop at Black Forest Regional Park (El Paso) did not find an American Three-toed Woodpecker.

No geese were on the Twenty-mile Pond in Parker; we detoured over to nearby Salisbury Equestrian Park (Douglas). The Brant was with hundreds of White-cheeked Geese south of the horse corrals at 3:30 pm.

There was no enough daylight to walk into Aurora Reservoir (Arapahoe) from the south side. Instead, the lake was scoped from the upper swim beach parking area. I believe I put photos of it on the Colorado Birding Society's photo library last week. Several new photos of the First Creek trail Harris's Sparrow were also added.

We could pick out the adult Lesser Black-backed Gull on the far shore at mile 2.0. Nothing uncommon was found on the Lake with high waves and waning light.

Continued Good Birding!

Directions to birding spots and maps on CoBus website:
http://coloradobirdingsociety.net

Richard Stevens; Director, Colorado Birding Society
Denver, Colorado
Contact CoBus/Report Interesting Birds: 303-324-7994
Subscribe to "cobirders" by sending blank email to:
<cobirders-subscribe...>
Read "cobirders" at: