Date: 12/6/17 4:34 pm
From: Linda Gilbert <oregonjunco...>
Subject: [obol] Lorane Raptor Route 12/3/17
We had an all time high count for this route with 71 total birds. The previous "record" was 58. Our numbers last year ranged from 17 to 37 so this is a large year over year increase. We have not had white-tailed kites for almost 2 years on the count and had 4 on this run. We also had a leucistic red-tailed hawk at about the same location where we had one last year, along Territorial Hwy. near King Estate Winery. It's appearance was almost identical to the bird recently seen and photographed at Ankeny NWR. Here are the numbers:

Red-tailed Hawk: 39

American Kestrel: 19

Bald Eagle: 1

White-tailed Kite: 4

Red-shouldered Hawk: 4

Cooper's Hawk: 2

Sharp-shinned Hawk: 2

Observers: Cynthia Stockwell, Janie Thomas and Linda Gilbert

Eugene

Join us on Facebook!