Date: 12/6/17 3:16 pm
From: Julia Ray <jraymusic...> [LACoBirds] <LACoBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] White-throated Sparrow continues at Montrose Community Park

Birders,

This particular White-throated Sparrow is one of my all-time favorites, being one of the few birds ever to respond to my pishing. When I pished, the bird flew up into a small tree and began vocalizing.

This individual is a beautiful example of a White-throated Sparrow, well worth the trip, despite there not being too many other birds in the park, when I was there.

I found the bird in the location described by others: behind the fence, on the little hill above the south baseball field. It was to the left of the large, blue, scoreboard, which has fallen down and is flagged. The bird perched in the little tree directly above and slightly to the right of a green, plastic, rodent trap.

Julia Ray
La Crescenta

from my iPhone

Listowners: mailto:<LACoBirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<LACoBirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<LACoBirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)