Date: 12/6/17 3:02 pm
From: <stevjohnso...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Ruff location at Don Edwards Alviso (EEC)
Hello birders,
if it helps anyone, here is the exact location where I saw the Ruff this afternoon. "Along the EEC entrance road" is a pretty, well, I would call it a rough description of the bird's location.

The bird was close to 37.43298, -121.95925. This is to the SE of the entrance road, as you head NE towards the EEC; and just SW of the landfill hill, i.e. before you reach the hill.

When I spotted it, it was in view near the obscuring vegetation closer to the road. But then it took a few steps NE towards the hill, and disappeared behind that vegetation.

Even at that distance, the red-orange legs were striking through binoculars.

Good birding,
Steve Johnson
Fairfax, Virginia

Join us on Facebook!