Date: 12/6/17 2:29 pm
From: 'J. Brett Lovelace' <brettlovelace...> [nwcalbird] <nwcalbird-noreply...>
Subject: [nwcalbird] Re: Merlin (Humboldt County)
Hopefully these images are a bit more clear.

------------------------------------
Posted by: "J. Brett Lovelace" <brettlovelace...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
<nwcalbird-digest...>
<nwcalbird-fullfeatured...>

<nwcalbird-unsubscribe...>

Sent from my mobile device

> On Dec 6, 2017, at 14:24, J. Brett Lovelace <brettlovelace...> wrote:
>
> Humboldt County,
> Salt River near Port Kenyon.
>
> At ~1400 today, I briefly observed a Merlin (probable female) perched in the top of a mature red alder on the south side of the Salt River channel/north side of Port Kenyon Road (see attached maps). The location is just west of the intersection of Port Kenyon & Meridian Roads and downstream of the Dillon Road bridge.
>
> Being on the north bank of the channel, with the sun behind me, the bird was well illuminated, but unfortunately flew away before I could attempt getting a photo. The location is best accessed from the Port Kenyon Road side.
>
> Cheers.
>
> <image1.png>
>

> <image2.png>
>

> Sent from my mobile device