Date: 12/6/17 1:05 pm
From: Michael Zarky <mzarky...> [venturacobirding] <venturacobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [venturacobirding] Fleeing the fire?
This morning while checking out the flames on the distant mountains a
Kestrel flew across my field of view, landing on a phone pole a few
houses away. This may at first seem mundane, but in 26 years here I
don't think I've ever seen one in my neighborhood. Infrequently along
the creek perhaps, but never on my street.

Plenty of other raptors here of course - Red-tailed and -shouldered
Hawks, Cooper's and a few Sharpies; owls; and Kites used to nest
here (not seen for some years).
But no Kestrels.

Michael Zarky
10963 Citrus Drive