Date: 12/6/17 12:42 pm
From: Kay Regester <kaybirder...> [venturacobirding] <venturacobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [venturacobirding] News from Ojai Raptor Center

For those of you who did not get this

-----Original Message-----
From: Lizzy Chouinard <mail...>
To: kaybirder <kaybirder...>
Sent: Wed, Dec 6, 2017 8:49 am
Subject: Thomas Fire

Thomas Fire Update

Good morning ORC community-

Wanted to send an update on the Thomas Fire situation. Yesterday we evacuated all of our patients to Santa Barbara Wildlife Care Network and moved all of our education ambassador birds to their transport crates to be ready to go if necessary. We were worried about the fire but especially about the poor air quality. As some of you know, it is just unbearable in some parts of our area right now. As of this morning, ORC has sustained no damage and we are back at the center taking care of our ambassadors and fielding calls. We are still worried about the air quality and will most likely keep the majority of our birds inside where we have air filtration.

Our hearts are broken for our community, the fires have been truly devastating. To our locals on this list- our hearts are with you, and we hope you and your families are safe. Kim and I are still under mandatory evacuation but believe our homes are ok. Jackie and her home are also safe.

Thank you for your continued support,
Lizzy Chouinard

Fire map

Ojai Raptor CenterĀ© 2017