Date: 12/6/17 11:10 am
From: Mary Peterson <m_mpeterson...>
Subject: Purple Finches and More on 12-6-2017.
Hello All,

Janet Young and I went up to the Copan Wildlife Area north of Bartlesville this morning. It was clear, calm and cool. We first went to the Tallgrass Wetlands at Copan Wildlife Area. We had several small flocks of American tree sparrows on the road in to the east parking lot, totalling over 20 individuals. At the parking lot, I soon heard the call of a purple finch and we soon had 2 females in the top of a sycamore tree. Going south, we had 5 Le Conte's sparrows about 1/2 mile north of Osage Point at the junction with a gravel road going west. About a mile west of Copan Lake on Highway 10, there was a rough-legged hawk sitting on a power pole. Below the Copan dam, there were 6 killdeers and about 20 least sandpipers. Finally, on the south end of Young's Lake, there were 6 greater yellowlegs, 2 long-billed dowitchers and about 20 Wilson's snipes.

Mark Peterson

Bartlesville.

Join us on Facebook!