Date: 12/6/17 10:57 am
From: Mary Peterson <m_mpeterson...>
Subject: Re: Short-eared Owls
They like large expanses of tallgrass prairie. There are usually northern harriers present during the daylight hours.

From: "Mary Peterson" <m_mpeterson...>
To: <OKBIRDS...>
Subject: [OKBIRDS] Short-eared Owls

Hello All,

Today, at about 5 pm, I went east of Bartlesville on Tuxedo to the dirt road a mile east of Bison Road. I then went about 1/2 mile south and started looking. There were at least 4 short-eared owls flying around. There were also at least 2 Le Conte's sparrows, 2 sedge wrens, a northern harrier and a loggerhead shrike present in the area.

Mark Peterson

Bartlesville

Join us on Facebook!